National Star has 11 trustees who are all volunteers from a variety of different backgrounds. As the charity is also a company limited by guarantee, the trustees are additionally the Company Directors. The role of the Board of Trustees is to hold the charity ‘in trust’ for current and future beneficiaries by:
- Setting the vision, mission and values of the charity
- Developing a strategy to achieve the charity’s objectives, and monitor performance
- Ensuring that the charity seeks the views of current and future beneficiaries and that these are considered in developing strategy and delivering services
- Acting as the guardians of the charity’s assets, both tangible and intangible, taking all due care over their security, deployment and proper application
- Ensuring that the charity complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring that the charity’s governance is of the highest possible standard
The Chief Executive provides the secretariat services for the Board of Trustees.
The Board of Governors bring a range of skills and expertise to support the Principal and oversee the running of National Star College.
Their main responsibilities see them:
- Overseeing and monitoring the college activities
- Maintaining safety of students and staff
- Approving the quality strategy of the college
- Ensuring students have access to a personalised, broad and balanced curriculum which prepares them effectively for transition into their future lives
- Approving the college’s strategic plan in line with the charity’s strategic plan
- Agreeing targets, monitoring progress and raising standards
- Ensuring the correct necessary policies and procedures are in place
Charity Executive Team
The executive body charged with the strategic planning of National Star’s activities.
Senior Management Team
The executive body charged with the operational management of National Star’s activities.
Patrons, Ambassadors & Envoys
Individuals who generously give their time to support the work of National Star, and help us to raise our profile in their chosen fields.