Join us as a Trustee
Join our highly respected disability charity National Star as our Chair of Trustees.
We are looking to recruit someone who shares National Star’s vision of a world in which people with disabilities are able to realise their potential as equal and active citizens in control of their lives, as our Chair of Trustees.
Join our highly respected national charity, investing in services that will enhance the lives and independence of young people with complex disabilities and learning disabilities. National Star is a charity and company.
Read our Trustee Recruitment Pack and discover more about the role of trustees at National Star.
What we are looking for
- Experience of operating at a senior level as a Chair, trustee or NED with a clear understanding of charity governance and financial management.
- Proven ability as a strategic leader in a complex organisation, accustomed to operating at scale with pace.
- Exposure to social care, education or charity leadership and governance.
- Commercial skills which can be applied in a values-based organisation.
- Ability to represent an organisation externally, to network and to spot opportunities for growth and fundraising.
National Star is a Disability Confident Employer. The charity is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Therefore we welcome applications from all sections of the community, including those currently under-represented on the Trustee board and Governing body. For example, women, people with disabilities and members of black, Asian and minority ethnic communities.
Applications should consist of:
A full CV including the names and addresses of two referees. Referees will not be approached until the final stages and not without prior permission from candidates.
Trustee roles at National Star are voluntary. Out of pocket expenses are reimbursed. This role is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check.
Applications close on 2 October 2023 at 5pm. Interviews will be held in October / November 2023. The panel will comprise of Chief Executive Lynette Barrett and existing members of the Trustee board / Governing body.