The young people we support are currently looking for a full time permanent Residential Manager to join our team at our Ullenwood campus.
£35300 - £37506 DOE
All Year Post, Full Time
Hours of work
37 hrs weekly, 52 weeks per year
All year post
At National Star, we realise the aspirations of young adults living with complex physical and learning disabilities. The young people we support are currently looking for a full time permanent Residential Manager to join our team at our Ullenwood campus.
Whether you’re ready for a change in your career or want to take the next step in a position you’re already passionate about, everything you do will help to create a world without limits – for the students and residents you empower and your own career development. Together we make sure they get the personalised care they need, whether they’re studying, socialising or enjoying their passions and hobbies.
- Be an inspirational leader and role model, supporting your team of committed care and support workers to always deliver exceptional care
- Provide a high quality, homely living environment for students with physical and learning disabilities and behaviours that challenge. They all have big personalities and even bigger ambitions to live life as independently as possible!
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure care plans are followed, whilst seeking to continuously improve quality.
- Manage staff rotas, taking into consideration absences due to staff training, annual leave, and sickness absence
- Maintain accurate records to comply with National Star’s internal quality assurance policies and CQC requirements
- Establish positive relationships with the parents and carers of the students in your care as well as external professionals, including healthcare professionals and social workers.
The core hours for this role are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday, with an expectation that you will work one early (starting at 7am) and one late shift (working until 10pm) a week. There will be no regular weekend working, although you will be expected to work one day over the weekend at the beginning and end of our college terms, typically once every 10 weeks.
You’ll have first-class communication skills and be able to multi-task. Your people management skills will be exemplary, and you will have the motivation to develop your team, encouraging them to develop in their roles.
We’d expect you to have a Level 5 qualification in leadership in health and social care, coupled with the determination to empower young people with disabilities.
There are no limits to your career possibilities at National Star our current Chief Operating Officer is one of our former Registered Managers. Whether you wish to study towards additional formal qualifications or wish to be mentored to excel in your role, we’ll be right by your side.
The role of Residential Manager has further earning potential up to circa £40K that can be achieved as you grow through National Star’s competency framework.
Whether it’s the big moments some of us take for granted or the small triumphs that others wouldn’t expect, you’ll lead a team that is focussed on what’s possible for every person we support. It’s their life. You make sure they’re busy living it.
National Star is a growing charity with more than 1,200 staff based in England and Wales. Established more than 50 years ago, we’ve supported hundreds of young people with disabilities to achieve their potential.
How we will reward you
Our Golden Hello
It’s motivating to feel valued at work. That’s why all new staff will receive a ‘Golden Hello’ up to the value of £250 for full-time staff (pro-rata for part-time employees) upon successful completion of their probation.
Fantastic career development opportunities and comprehensive induction programme - theory and practical
Staff minibus from Cheltenham and Gloucester to our Ullenwood site Monday to Friday.
Use of fitness suite and swimming pool and staff clubs.
Westfield medical cover
Life insurance cover
Contributory pension scheme
Opportunity to purchase a TOTUM discount card
Employee discounts at attractions, high street retailers, supermarkets, utilities and motoring, plus much more