Weekend Minibus Driver/Site Services Assistant
National Star is recruiting for a weekend Site Services Driver / Assistant to join the fantastic Site Services team at Ullenwood.
£13.19 per hour
Part Time, All Year Post
Hours of work
16 hours per week / 52 weeks
All year post
National Star is recruiting for a weekend Site Services Driver / Assistant to join the fantastic Site Services team at Ullenwood. The successful candidate will provide a first class transport service for students, adult learners and staff, ensuring that the bus runs on time and passengers are transported safely in accordance with legislative requirements and organisational policy. You will provide a reliable, responsive and effective bus service across Gloucestershire along set routes. You will also provide an effective customer maintenance service as part of Assistant responsibilities.
Candidates must hold a full D1 driving licence with at least 101 restriction in place. An NVQ in a building / construction trade is desirable, along with asbestos awareness and skills in manual handling. This role has split responsibilities between Driver and Assistant, with Driver being the primary role.
There are two vacancies for the weekend Site Services Driver / Assistant position. Role 1 – Saturday and Sunday, 8am – 4pm. Role 2 – Saturday and Sunday, 10.45am – 6.45pm. 16 hours per week, £13.19 per hour.
Key Driver responsibilities:
- Transport service users and staff between locations and undertake other journeys as required
- Ensure all passengers are secure within the vehicle, including clamping and unclamping any wheelchair users and safely operating tail lifts
- Ensure the comfort, health and safety, and welfare of passengers
- Interact with service users and staff appropriately, communicating information regarding delays or vehicle issues in a timely manner
- Undertake non-passenger journeys on behalf of the organisation, including banking, post office, pharmacy collections, material collections and / or deliveries as and when required
- Operate the minibuses and equipment in accordance with transport policies and procedures, including undertaking daily maintenance and safety checks. Ensure any faults or problems are promptly reported and actioned
Key Site Services Assistant responsibilities:
- Undertake day-to-day repairs to the fabric of National Star’s buildings at Ullenwood
- Implement maintenance work requests as directed by the Site Services Coordinator
- Implement small works projects, such as planned preventative maintenance to painting, gutters, extract fans, drains and roofs, and light cleaning
- Assist with the upkeep of the grounds, gardens and golf course
- Carry out upgrade works on scheduled projects
- Liaise with the Electrical / Mechanical Maintenance Engineer on projects
- A flexible approach to working hours, including occasional weekends, providing extra support for special events and snow clearance in the winter
National Star is a growing charity with more than 1,200 staff based in England and Wales. Established more than 50 years ago, we’ve supported hundreds of young people with disabilities to achieve their potential.
How we will reward you
Our Golden Hello
It’s motivating to feel valued at work. That’s why all new staff will receive a ‘Golden Hello’ up to the value of £250 for full-time staff (pro-rata for part-time employees) upon successful completion of their probation.
Fantastic career development opportunities and comprehensive induction programme - theory and practical
Staff minibus from Cheltenham and Gloucester to our Ullenwood site Monday to Friday.
Use of fitness suite and swimming pool and staff clubs.
Westfield medical cover
Life insurance cover
Contributory pension scheme
Opportunity to purchase a TOTUM discount card
Employee discounts at attractions, high street retailers, supermarkets, utilities and motoring, plus much more