National Star in 2017
Number of people supported
1,500 people with disabilities from across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Students have individual learning programmes and a team of therapists, care and support workers.
Residential courses are based at Ullenwood with residences (short and long-term) in Gloucester, Cheltenham and Malvern. There are also education centres in Mamhilad in Wales and Hereford. Training programmes are run in East Sussex, Derbyshire, Lewisham, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire and London.
National Star’s purpose-built facilities include:
- A multi-sensory hydrotherapy and physiotherapy centre
- Specially-equipped learner living accommodation and flats
- A creative arts space and dance studio
- Sports hall
- Enhanced medical facilities
- Bistro with accessible kitchen
What it offers
- Residential and day courses
- Supported internships
- LiftTraining to empower people with disabilities to use public transport
- Supported work placements
- Long-term living
- Respite care
- Assessments for assistive technology
- Adult learning
National Star runs services 365 days a year with respite care and StarBreaks running out of term time.
The majority of students have complex disabilities and learning difficulties and need high levels of assistance and personal support. National Star offers nursing care, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, hydrotherapy, speech and language therapy and psychological support.
Our mission in 2017
To realise the aspirations of people with disabilities through personalised learning, transition, support and destination services.