National Star is proud to be running the ‘Maximising Potential’ knowledge module of ‘The Essential SEND Managers’ Programme’ on behalf of The Education and Training Foundation, a government-backed national support body for the Further Education and Training Sector.
The one-day module is designed for new SEND managers or experienced FE managers who would like to develop their skills. Topics covered include:
- A summary of the SEND reforms
- The legal responsibilities/duties of learning providers under the Children and Family Act, Equalities Act and Care Act, including making reasonable adjustments.
- How to prepare for and contribute to a SEND tribunal
- Understanding high needs funding and other sources of funding for learners
- Providing appropriate student services support, including effective Information, Advice and Guidance.
Society for Education & Training members are eligible for an exclusive 15 per cent discount off this professional development course. There are also a number of free places available on this course. Book your place today.