20 ideas for 2020
It’s a brand new year and there’s no better time to help us continue to do amazing things for young people with disabilities. There are lots of ways you can get involved, and we’ve put together 20 brilliant fundraising ideas for 2020 which are fun and easy to do!
Do good, feel good – 20 amazing fundraising ideas for 2020
- Ask your work colleagues to contribute items to make up a scrumptious Easter chocolate hamper. Run a competition to decide who will take the hamper home to enjoy, asking
people to donate to take part.
- Clear out your clutter and turn your pre–loved gems into cash for National Star at your local car boot sale. They say one man’s junk is another man’s treasure!
- Get the Pimms, strawberries and cream ready for the Wimbledon final – show it on a big screen or hold an event at home to cheer on the champions.
- You’ve got this fundraising business licked! Ask colleagues for a donation for an ice lolly or ice cream delivery to their desk this summer.
- Test the knowledge of your friends and family by staging an Olympic–themed quiz. Team members can make a donation to take part, with bonus sporting activity rounds for active players.
- Lights, camera, action! Stage a community film night. Charge an entry fee and ask for donations for popcorn and drinks.
- We all love a treat. Arrange a pamper party and #DoGoodFeelGood. Invite guests to donate for a top–to–toe treat just in time for Christmas.
- Sponges at the ready. Organise a car wash and get customers’ cars sparkling in return for a donation.
- It’s hard to resist a homemade cake. Whisk up a team of enthusiastic bakers and hold a Can Do Cake sale. Sweet!
- Raise a wedge and organise a charity golf day at StarGolf. Swing into action to raise money for us!
- The sky’s the limit with our Wing Walk on 11 June – sign up for this epic adventure!
- As a sporty alternative to dress–down day donate to wear your favourite football shirt to work to coincide with this year’s UEFA Euro football tournament.
- Move over Monty Don! Spring into action and join forces with your neighbours and arrange an open garden event. Ask people for a donation to see your prize blooms and consider serving afternoon tea on the lawn as visitors soak up the sunshine.
- Put your creative talents to good use and sing from the rooftops about your support for National Star by organising a music gig or concert in aid of our charity
- Do you know your Gouda from your Double Gloucester or your Shiraz from your Chardonnay? Ask people to donate to take part in a cheese and wine evening and tuck into an indulgent and delicious way to fundraise for us.
- You don’t have to be a middle–aged man in lycra to stage your own cycleathon. Get sponsored for keeping the wheels turning and see the pounds roll in for National Star.
- Rise and shine! Get up with the lark and join us for our first ever Sunrise Walk on 13 September. The sponsored 10k walk will take in the breathtaking countryside around National Star and the invigorating sunrise of a new day.
- Say #CanDo and have some fangtastic fun with a Halloween dress–up day or spine–tingling bake sale!
- Ask for donations on the exit from a fantastic firework display for National Star. Sell sweetie bags and glow sticks to raise a sparkling amount for us.
- Banish the winter blues by inviting guests to tuck into mulled wine and mince pies to end the year and ask for a small donation in return.
Support at every step
We’ll be with you every step of the way, offering support and guidance to ensure your event is a roaring success. We’ll help you publicise your event to encourage others to support it and will sing from the rooftops about what you’ve achieved, too.
Keeping your event safe and legal
There are some things you’ll need to think about when it comes to planning your fundraising event. Click here for tips on how to keep your event safe and legal – as well as fun!
How you can change lives
As a charity, we support people with complex disabilities to achieve their aspirations. We help to change lives. Every penny you raise through your fundraising will make a difference to our life-changing work. Without the generosity of incredible people like you, we could not achieve all that we do.
We can’t wait to hear about your exciting plans to fundraise for us. To find out more about any of our 20 ideas – or anything else you can think of – contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01242 524478 and we’ll help put your fundraising plans into action.