Can Do Cake
Say Can Do to making cakes with KAPOW
Are you Wonder Woman with a whisk, Superman with a spatula or The Flash with a fork?
Join leading media medic Dr Dawn Harper and get behind our Can Do Cake campaign! We’re on the lookout for baking heroes who can unleash their superpowers in the kitchen and raise money for National Star. Feel invincible as you donate the money raised as a result of your heroic efforts, changing the lives of young people with complex disabilities. No super suit necessary.
Socially distanced events
You can’t beat a slice of delicious cake with great company! Make sure your event has a maximum of six attendees, there is lots of space for your guests to socially distance (ideally outdoors) and there is access to hand sanitiser. Please follow all government guidelines to ensure that you and everyone else at the event stays safe.
- Choose a date and time
- Get in touch with us for lots of fundraising goodies using the enquiry form below
- Let people know about your fundraising by setting up a Facebook event, sending e-invites or simply phoning your friends!
- Get baking and prepare cakes, biscuits or other sweet treats for the day
- Reduce the need to exchange cash on the day by creating a Just Giving fundraising page and asking your guests to donate a fee ahead of attending
- Make sure to let your guests know how they can attend safely and responsibly
Remember to check government guidance on social distancing and staying safe when you get closer to your event as these could change, as well as any rules determined by the governments of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Re-connect with friends and family from the comfort of your own home! When you go virtual, you can keep your event small and intimate or brimming with as many guests as you like. Eat cake, enjoy a cuppa and have a natter for a great cause.
- Choose a date and time for your Can Do Cake video call
- Let people know about your virtual event by setting up a Facebook event, sending e-invites or simply phoning your friends!
- Create a Just Giving fundraising page and ask your guests to donate a small fee ahead of the event
- Host a cake-themed quiz, organise a virtual ‘bake off’ or simply use the time to catch up with friends