20 amazing fundraising ideas
With many of National Star’s organised fundraising events being postponed or cancelled due to coronavirus, we’re relying on our community supporters to get behind our charity’s efforts at a time when our services are needed more than ever before.
Despite coronavirus, there are lots of safe, quick and easy ways you can get involved and raise money to help us continue to support young people with complex disabilities. Many of our suggestions are ideas for getting out and about in the great outdoors or ‘virtual’ ideas that can be done at home.
Do good, feel good – 20 amazing fundraising ideas
- According to research, 31% of people are reading more since lockdown. Is it time you encouraged your friends to join a ‘virtual’ book club with a donation to National Star to attend?
- Clear out your clutter and turn your pre–loved gems into cash for National Star by selling them on ebay, donating the proceeds to our charity. They say one man’s junk is another man’s treasure!
- Sponges at the ready. Organise a community car wash and get customers’ cars sparkling in return for a donation.
- Everyone loves afternoon tea. Organise a socially distanced gathering in your garden with a delicious array of scones and cake available for a donation
- Gardeners, can you grow our funds by helping your neighbours have kerb appeal this autumn? Create seasonal planters to order, asking for a donation from grateful friends and family.
- Many of us are valuing material possessions less since the pandemic. Organise a birthday fundraiser that forgoes gifts and asks friends and family to make a donation to National Star instead.
- Test the knowledge of your friends and family by staging an virtual quiz. Team members can make a donation to take part, with bonus activity rounds for active players.
- It’s hard to resist a homemade cake. Whisk up a team of enthusiastic bakers and hold a Can Do Cake sale. Sweet!
- Raise a wedge and organise a socially distanced charity golf day at StarGolf. Swing into action to raise money for us.
- Move over Monty Don! Spring into action and join forces with your neighbours and arrange a socially distanced open garden event. Ask people for a donation to see your prize blooms.
- Put your creative talents to good use and sing from the rooftops about your support for National Star by organising a virtual music gig or concert in aid of our charity
- Do you know your Gouda from your Double Gloucester or your Shiraz from your Chardonnay? Ask people to donate to take part in a virtual cheese and wine evening and tuck into an indulgent and delicious way to fundraise for us.
- You don’t have to be a middle–aged man in lycra to stage your own cycleathon. Get sponsored for keeping the wheels turning and see the pounds roll in for National Star.
- With home working happening more often nowadays, could you donate your commute to national Star?
- Rise and shine! Step out for National Star by staging your own sponsored activity challenge. Persuade friends and family to do the same as you and walk, peddle or run your way to boosting funds for our charity.
- With trick or treating likely to be difficult this year, how about spooking your work colleagues this Halloween by arranging a spooktacular dress–up day at work (in the office or at home)?
- Get sponsored to learn something new this autumn. Learn a minute of makaton each week with the help of Wendy or master knitting for the first time
- Jigsaw mania swept the nation during lockdown – how many puzzles can you complete in 12 hours? Persuade others to sponsor you as part of the challenge.
- Join National Star’s newly launched Coffee Collective and donate the cost of your regular brew to our charity.
- Move over Nigella! Offer to host a virtual cooking class sharing tips for rustling up your signature dish with family and friends (how about Facebook Live?). Ask for donations for those who watch your culinary skills as they unfold on the small screen.
Support at every step
We’ll be with you every step of the way, offering support and guidance to ensure your event is a roaring success. We’ll help you publicise your event to encourage others to support it and will sing from the rooftops about what you’ve achieved, too.
How you can change lives
As a charity, we support people with complex disabilities to achieve their aspirations. We help to change lives. Every penny you raise through your fundraising will make a difference to our life-changing work. Without the generosity of incredible people like you, we could not achieve all that we do.
We can’t wait to hear about your exciting plans to fundraise for us. To find out more about any of our 20 ideas – or anything else you can think of – contact us today at email@example.com or telephone 01242 524478 and we’ll help put your fundraising plans into action.