Our Supporter Promise
National Star is committed to fundraising in an open and transparent way. We rely on the goodwill and generosity of our supporters to help fund our work with people with disabilities. As a supporter of National Star you are important to us, and we want you to feel that giving to us is a positive and rewarding experience.
As such, we promise:
To commit to high standards
- We adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice.
- We monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this Promise.
- We comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
- We display the Fundraising Regulator badge on our fundraising material to show we are committed to good practice.
We are clear, honest and open
- We tell the truth and we will not exaggerate.
- We do what we say we are going to do with donations we receive.
- We are clear about who we are and what we do.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation.
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent.
- We are able to explain our fundraising costs and show how they are in the best interests of our cause if challenged.
- We ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible.
- We provide clear and evidence-based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
We are respectful
- We respect your rights and privacy.
- Your data is safe with us. We will never sell your data to third party organisations.
- We do not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- We are careful and sensitive when engaging with vulnerable people, and our practices reflect this.
- Where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way, we will not do so. We will work with the Telephone, Mail and Fundraising Preference Services to ensure that those who choose not to receive specific types of communication don’t have to.
We are fair and reasonable
- We treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs.
- We take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
- We take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
We are accountable and responsible
- We manage our resources responsibly and consider the impact of our fundraising on our donors, supporters and the wider public.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We will listen to feedback and respond appropriately to compliments and criticism we receive.
- We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on our website or available on request.
- Our complaints procedure will let you know how to contact the Fundraising Regulator in the event that you feel our response is unsatisfactory.
- We will monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.
Find out more
If you have any questions about our Supporter Promise please contact our Fundraising team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01242 524478.