Volunteering with National Star is a fun and rewarding experience, and by giving a little of your time you can make a huge difference to the lives of young people with complex disabilities.
People volunteer with us individually or with friends and colleagues – some even make it a family affair!
Whether it’s an hour a week or a day helping at a fundraising event, anything you can offer will make a huge difference to the lives of National Star students.
Take a look at what’s coming up. You can get involved with our one-off fundraising events, our regular roles, or both!
- 1 December 2018 Festive bag pack at Marks & Spencer, Cheltenham, 10am to 2pm
- 4 December 2018 Festive bag pack at Morrisons, Cheltenham, 10am to 2pm
- 8 December 2018 Festive bucket collection in Stroud town centre, 10am to 4pm
- 22 February 2019 National Star’s fundraising Firewalk, Ullenwood, near Cheltenham, 5pm to 10pm
- 6 July 2019 Bucket collection in Gloucester town centre, 10am to 4pm
- 13 July 2019 Bucket collection in Tewkesbury town centre, 10am to 4pm
‘Working as a volunteer at National Star is hugely rewarding and enables me to see the very best in humanity every day I am there. Seeing the progress that students make over the year is absolutely priceless, but this of course comes at a cost. It is for this reason I am delighted to help out in fundraising events to raise money for this excellent cause.’ Adrian McKie, National Star volunteer.