Goodbye and good luck to our leavers
The dust has finally settled after students and their families came together to celebrate and cheer at our 2022 Leavers’ Award Ceremonies. Held at our sites in Ullenwood, Hereford and Wales, the events were a wonderful opportunity to recognise the achievements of all of our leavers during their time at college, from improving their communication and choice-making to developing the confidence to try new things and learning skills for employment.
Memories were certainly made for all of the students involved and their families. Congratulations to our award winners who were:
Ullenwood award winners
- PJ Crook Capturing Art Award Winner: Casey Underhill
- Student Making a Difference Award Winner: Elliot Caswell
- Student Making a Difference Award Highly Commended: Chelsea Pettitt
- Personal Development Award for Independence Winner: Ben Meadows
- Personal Development Award for Independence Highly Commended: Charlie Joslin
- Personal Development Award for Social Participation Winner: Michael Bains
- Personal Development Award for Social Participation Highly Commended: Alfie Male
- Physical Achievement Award Winner: David Moncholi
- Physical Achievement Award Highly Commended: Michael Bains
- Alex Hassett Award for Assistive Communication Winner: George Marshall
- Alex Hassett Award for Assistive Communication Highly Commended: Jamie Harris
- Work Skills Award Winner: Amber Gateru
- Work Skills Award Highly Commended: Will Moran and Emma Ridal
Wales award winners
- Most Progress in Communication Winner: Matthew Jessop
- Most Progress in Learning Winner: Joe Dobson
- Most Progress in Independence Winner: Callwyn Bynon
- Students’ Student of the Year Winner: Lewis Michael
Graduating students are moving onto a wide range of things from living in supported accommodation through to setting up ebay shops, continuing with their studies and working in catering, facilities management and retail.
We love to hear about your lives after college so email Team-Communications@nationalstar.org if you have been up to something that former students and their families may be interested in hearing about.