Work related learning
Learn the skills to get a job after college with the help of National Star.
Develop your skills in a range of industries. For example, catering, health and beauty, retail, hospitality and facilities management and more. We help students find placements that match their future career aspirations.
Our programmes run across Cheltenham, Bristol, Hereford and London
- Learners aged 16 to 25 years old with an Education, Health Care Plan (EHCP)
- Learners aged 19 years and over without an EHCP but with a self-declared disability
We have a range of flexible, practical courses to suit a wide range of students. They vary in length from one to three years.
You can improve your maths and English skills, gain a vocational qualification and valuable work experience with our help.
What makes National Star different?
- Most learning will be on placement, out in the community
- We have a proven track record of getting students into work
- Our staff know how to support a wide range of students with varying levels of disability. Some students have very mild learning disabilities or low confidence. Others are wheelchair users who use communication aids.
- We’ve got our own cafe, printing operation, shops and offices where you can learn on the job
- We’ll treat you like an adult and help you to make your own career choices
What skills will you learn?
- Communication skills
- Money-handling, where appropriate
- Job-hunting and interview preparation
- Timekeeping and organisational skills
- Travel training
Watch students making an impact at their work placements gained through National Star
We will support you every step of the way. Get in touch with our admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will help you to choose the right course for you.