Skills for Work
If you want to get a job then Skills for Work is the programme for you! You will be able to try a range of jobs before deciding where you want to work.
You’ll have a job mentor who will work with you (and your employer) to ensure you settle into the job and learn the skills you need. You’ll also be able to improve your work related maths, English and communication skills.
You can learn employment skills both at National Star and with our partner employers.
At National Star we have an award-winning StarBistro, printing company and shop you can work in. You can also work in areas such as the reception and administration office.
Externally, we have links across the UK with employers in a range of different business sectors, so you’ll be able to learn in a job that interests you.
- Award / Extended Award / Certificate in Employability Skills at Level E3 – Level 3
- Functional Skills English at Level E1 – Level 2
- Functional Skills Maths at Level E1 – Level 2
- Cambridge Award in Maths at Level E1 – Level 2
- Cambridge Award in English at Level E1 – Level 2
- Award in Hospitality and Catering at Level E3 – Level 1
You can also train alongside industry professionals in one of our StarBistros if you would like to specialise in catering.
Additional studies (available to students on other programmes) include:
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Health & Safety Certificate
- CV writing workshop
Find out more
For more information about the Skills for Work programme please contact our Admissions team at email@example.com or on 01242 534928 / 01242 527631.