LiftTraining - Gloucestershire
LiftTraining Gloucestershire has provided free Independent Travel Training (ITT) in Gloucestershire since 2006. During this time we have worked with over 700 young people and adults with physical and learning disabilities, and supported them to develop the skills and confidence they need to independently travel using a range of public transport.
Sadly it has not been possible to secure long-term funding to continue LiftTraining Gloucestershire. As a result, from July 2022, we are not in a position to support any new students who need to learn how to travel independently using a range of public transport.
What is it?
FREE Independent Travel Training (ITT) for young people to safely and independently use public transport and access the community for education, employment, training and other services.
Who’s it for?
- LiftPlus is for young people aged 14 to 19 who are NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training), or at risk of becoming NEET.
- LiftPlus works with young people who may be vulnerable or isolated for different reasons, may have been victims of crime or bullying or who may or may not have a learning and / or physical disability.
What are the benefits?
- 1:1 personalised travel trainer support
- A flexible and personalised programme
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Reduced anxieties and fears about using public transport and being out in the community
- Journey planning
- Developing road and personal safety skills
- Problem solving skills and emergency strategies
- Time and money management
- Opportunity to work towards an Edexcel qualification
- Independent access to services, education, employment and social activities
Find out more
Get in touch with the LiftTraining Gloucestershire team by calling 01242 527631 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.