Sport and Recreation
Our vibrant Sports department will give you the opportunity to take part in different sport activities, achieve your goals and learn key work skills.
Whether you want to coach or work in a leisure centre, gym or sporting environment – or you are passionate about sport – the vocational sport option is for you. You will have opportunities to work with schools and colleges, national governing bodies and also undertake some excellent work experience options, including leisure centres and local sports clubs.
Sport facilities include:
- Swimming pool
- Sports hall
- Adapted gym
- Football pitch
- 18 hole golf course
- Employability and Personal Progression Award / certificate at Levels E2 – L1
- BTEC Award / Certificate in Sport & Active Leisure at L1
- BTEC First Certificate / Extended Certificate in Sport at Level 1 or 2
- BTEC / First Certificate in Sport at Level 3
Additional studies include:
- A range of ASA Swimming Certificates
- Sports Leader Award at Level 1
- Boccia England Award
- Junior Table Tennis Umpires Award
- England Volleyball Umpires Award
- Table tennis and polybat
Find out more
For more information about the Sport and Recreation programme please contact our Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01242 534928 / 01242 527631.