Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about working with National Star? Take a look at our snappy FAQs below.
Who do you work with?
We work with individuals, groups and organisations, as well as employers or commercial enterprises. These maximise opportunities for people with a range of disabilities across the UK, Europe and the wider world.
What sort of projects do you work on?
We work on community arts and equalities projects with individuals and community groups, education projects with education providers, schools linking projects across the world, technology development with commercial partners and employment schemes with local and national employers.
Can you give me an example of a project?
Some examples include:
- Undertaking an annual staff exchange programme with schools in Lebanon, Kenya and Nigeria, developing curriculum resources based on culture and equality
- Staging community dance and drama productions with the Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham and Gloucestershire Dance
- Working with German employers to offer students work experience placements in that country
- Working with commercial developers to build bespoke technology solutions for people with disabilities
- Working with other specialist colleges to improve support for students through the use of assistive technology
- Working with local employers to improve paid work offers for people with disabilities
How can I get involved?
If you work with people with disabilities and are interested in collaborating with National Star on a funded project, we’d love to hear from you. Just contact David Finch, Director of International Development, on 01242 527631 ext 5702.