The work placements we offer at National Star are driven by our aim to support students to make that crucial step into paid or voluntary employment when they leave college. Every year our Job Mentor team forge strong links with both local and national employers, and we are always interested in establishing new partnerships.
How does a work placement partnership work?
After you have registered your interest in offering a work placement, one of our job mentors will visit your organisation. This gives us the opportunity to see how we can work together and discuss work placement opportunities. We’ll then carefully match you with a student who is keen to work in your industry and who has the potential to thrive in your organisation. Job mentors will support you every step of the way, you won’t be left high and dry. We take our responsibilities seriously and will work with you and your staff to ensure the work placement is a success.
We can offer disability awareness training and offer personalised guidance to staff working alongside our students. As part of our long-term vision for a world in which people with disabilities are able to realise their potential as equal and active citizens in control of their lives we will work with you so that you become disability confident.
Many of our partners have offered students paid and voluntary employment after completion of a placement but this is not an expectation and the majority of our learners move onto employment elsewhere.
Benefits to you
Providing a work placement for National Star students offers significant benefits to your organisation and workforce.
- Greater understanding of the needs of customers and colleagues with disabilities
- Better working practices that are inclusive and accessible to all
- Addressing future skills shortages and bringing a different perspective to your workplace
- Supporting your Corporate Social Responsibility, generating positive PR for your business
- Offering staff development and mentoring opportunities to your team
- An opportunity to partner with an outstanding disability charity with a national reputation for excellence
Find out more
For more information about offering a work placement, please contact our Work Outcomes Programme Manager Livy Dickinson on 01242 527631 ext. 2744. She will arrange for the most appropriate team to get in touch with you.