StarBistro’s delicious White Bread Mix
At StarBistro we’re proud of our delicious freshly baked bread, and with our White Bread Mix recipe you can re-create one of our tempting loaves or rolls at home!
- 1kg of strong bread flour
- 20g of yeast
- 20g of salt
- 500ml of water
- Measuring jugs
- Dough scrapers
- Trays and tins
- Weigh out all of the ingredients into separate bowls.
- In a large bowl or your own mixer, mix together the flour yeast and salt. At this point you can add herbs and flavours for your bread if you like.
- Add the water to the mix and incorporate. Make sure not to add all of the water in one go but in stages.
- Mix and knead the bread for 6 to 8 minutes on the middle speed setting or by hand.
- Once the bread has been mixed together, the bread will need to prove. Place the dough in a bowl with a tea towel over the top and place in a warm area of the kitchen or prove in your oven.
- Once the dough has completed the prove, the dough will be ready to bake. If you are proving in the warm area of the kitchen, you may need to knock back the bread.
- Once the bread has been knocked back it will need shaping. The bread can be shaped into rolls or loaves. The loaves can be free standing on a tray or in a loaf tin. If you’re using a loaf tin, make sure to grease or line it.
- Once your bread has been shaped, pre-heat the oven to 220c. Whilst the oven is heating to temperature, decorate and glaze your bread. This can be done with a simple egg wash and poppy seeds / sesame seeds.
- Bake the bread for 10 minutes at 220c to form a nice golden crust.
- After 10 minutes, turn the oven down to 200c and finish baking for a further 12 to 15 minutes.
- To check the bread has cooked, simply tap it on the base to hear a hollow sound.
- Allow to cool on wire rack, cut and then serve with butter.