Raising the standard of assistive technology in education, work and the home
StarTechnology delivers an exciting range of equipment, software and expertise to provide accessibility solutions for education, work and home environments. Our services are customised to you, and include assessments, equipment, training and support.
Our assistive technology can improve provision for individual students, classes and whole organisations, enabling those involved to achieve their potential. We’ll work with you to implement simple and effective changes that benefit access for everyone.
We work with schools, colleges and training providers to deliver:
- Assessments:We assess individuals, groups and organisations, providing detailed and concise reports with our recommendations
- Training:Tailored to suit your requirements
- Equipment Loan Library:Have the opportunity to see what works before buying
- Advice, support and guidance: Gain access to our team of experts
- Adaptations and modifications:Solutions personalised to your students
The benefits of assistive technology include:
- Improved grades through better access to technology
- Giving students and staff access to accessibility tools for differentiation in lessons
- Unlocking existing investment through effective use of existing technology
- Building the self-confidence of students by maximising their achievements, increasing independence and enabling them to feel included
Use of our equipment Loan Library, support through training, comprehensive assessments and follow ups ensure the implementation of a successful solution.
Find out more and book your free consultation
For more information about assistive technology and to arrange a free consultation, please contact our Assistive Technology Assessor on 01242 534941 or AT@startechnology.org.uk. Alternatively, complete the enquiry form below. For information on pricing, click here.
How can we help a student (or students) with a visual impairment or learning difficulties access education with their peers?
We can advise on and help provide screen readers, magnifiers or specialist software to help with dyslexia and other learning difficulties.
There is so much new technology out there; how do we ensure we’re getting value for money?
By thoroughly assessing the needs of both individuals and the wider organisation, we are able to not only identify the best equipment, but also ensure that training requirements and accessibility considerations are also met.
How can we make the most of the free applications and software available?
On Macs, Windows, iOS or Android, we can help you navigate the wide range of built-in and free applications available, ensuring that your needs will be best met.