Certificate in Education and Training (QCF)
The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is a first stage teaching qualification which has a teaching and training practice requirement. It is an ‘in service’ qualification designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers or trainers in England. This is a 36 credit qualification comprising mandatory and optional units.
What is involved?
All candidates, whether pre-service or in-service, must have access to 30 hours of teaching. This qualification is also suitable for those delivering education and training in any learning environment. Candidates who successfully complete this qualification will have a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher / trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners. They will be able to use initial and diagnostic assessments and plan and deliver inclusive teaching and learning. Candidates will also be able to assess learning and use appropriate resources to support effective learning.
The course runs on one evening per week over 20 weeks. The course is assessed by assignments and four observations of teaching practice.
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- Assessing learners in education and training
- Using resources for education and training
- Delivering education and training
The cost of this qualification is £750 per person.
- Download and complete the Application Form (Word or PDF)
- Complete the Application Form and email as an attachment to Jane Finch or Louise Swann at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or post to: Jane Finch, Award, National Star, Ullenwood, Cheltenham, GL53 9QU