Our experienced Physiotherapy team offer a range of specialist aquatic therapy programmes. These are entirely bespoke for each learner, and are not only tailored to their specific needs, but designed to work alongside their land-based therapies.
Our state of the art therapy pool benefits from a surround and under water music system, light and video projectors (which display imagery on the wall and ceiling), resistance jets, a giant water shower and a private changing area with overhead tracking.
National Star’s aquatic therapy programmes are designed to:
- Enable learners to experience freedom of movement and relaxation
- Limit deterioration by maintaining and enhancing joint range of movement
- Limit deterioration by maintaining and enhancing muscle strength
- Limit deterioration by maintaining and enhancing functional ability
- Maintain head control
- Allow controlled, supported stretches
- Reduce the risks of pain, contracture and need for surgery in the future
- Enhance global muscle strength
Find out more
For more information about aquatic therapy please contact us on 01242 534928.