Building a Brighter Future
We have exciting and ambitious plans to build new specialist residential accommodation at Ullenwood.
One of our greatest challenges is being able to provide the right specialist environments needed for young people with complex disabilities to progress, grow and flourish.
We desperately need more specialist residential accommodation to replace older facilities that no longer meet all the needs of the young people who now depend on us.
It is vital that this accommodation is located at our Ullenwood base, ensuring that those who need very high levels of support due to their complex disabilities can easily access all of our specialist support teams and resources.
Our plans for development include:
- Twelve comfortable ensuite bedrooms with overhead tracking hoists, ensuring that privacy and dignity are maintained for those with high levels of personal care needs
- A self–contained one bedroom assessment suite / independence flat
- Wide corridors that can easily accommodate large electric wheelchairs, ensuring everyone can easily move around their home
- Welcoming social spaces to promote independence and personal life skills
- Accessible kitchens to support the development of practical life skills
- Indoor sensory spaces to support those with autism and challenging behaviours
- Calming and safe dedicated landscaped external spaces. Some roofs will have a wildflower meadow green roof system
Once we have planning permission, we will be progressing our fundraising plans so that we can make this vision a reality for the future.
We will need the help of many to raise the funds that will be needed for this exciting project and we hope you will consider supporting our appeal. Every gift will make a difference and is greatly appreciated.
Click here to read more about our exciting plans or contact our Fundraising team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01242 524478 to discuss how you can support our ‘Building a Brighter Future’ appeal.