Now: National Star in 2017
Number of learners
1,500 people with disabilities and learning difficulties from across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Day and residential courses at Ullenwood with residential provision (short and long-term) in Gloucester, Cheltenham and Malvern
- Education centres at Mamhilad in Wales and Hereford
- Training programmes run in Derbyshire, East Sussex, Gloucestershire, Lewisham and Worcestershire
- Multi-sensory, hydrotherapy and physiotherapy centre
- Specially-equipped learner accommodation and flats
- Theatre and dance studio
- Sports hall
- Environmental controls
- Enhanced medical facilities
- Bistro with accessible kitchen
What it offers
- Residential and day courses
- Supported internships
- LiftTraining to support people with disabilities to use public transport
- Supported work placements
- Long-term living in Gloucester and Malvern
- Respite care
- Assessments for assistive technology
- Adult learning
Learners have individual learning programmes and their own team of therapists, care and support workers.
365 days a year with respite care and StarBreaks running out of term time.
The majority of learners have complex disabilities and learning difficulties, requiring high levels of assistance and personal support. National Star offers nursing care, aquatic therapy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, dramatherapy, music therapy, speech and language therapy and psychological support.