Work for National Star and help support people with disabilities every day
We know that without the hard work and dedication of our staff, National Star wouldn’t be able to do the work that it does for people with disabilities. This is why we offer an employee package that rewards and supports those who work for us and give you the opportunity to make a real difference to people with disabilities – no matter what your role.
- A Golden Hello of up to £250 (pro rata) for all new staff upon successful of your probation period
- Opportunities to develop your long-term career with us, including the chance to eventually study towards a degree apprenticeship in physiotherapy, nursing speech and language therapy and occupational therapy
- Specialist training and development for aspiring residential managers and tutors
- Free staff minibus service from Gloucester and Cheltenham to Ullenwood, Monday to Friday
- A minimum of 20 days’ paid holiday, plus eight statutory public holidays (pro rata)
- A contributory pension scheme (eligibility conditions apply). Qualifying teaching staff will be eligible for the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Use of National Star facilities at Ullenwood, including a heated indoor swimming pool and fitness suite
- Staff recreation programme, including sports, arts and crafts and other activities
- Membership of the Group Life Assurance scheme (eligibility conditions apply)
- Employee discounts at various retailers
- Through Concerts for Carers staff can enter ballots for free tickets to some of the UK’s most exciting artists and events.
- The opportunity to become a StarGolf member at a substantially reduced rate
- Cycle to Work scheme
We value the health and well-being of our employees, and have put in place arrangements to support you. These include occupational health, as well as a free 24-hour employee assistance telephone helpline which is available to support employees and their families with personal, work, or financial issues. We also offer discounted health insurance and plans through Benenden.
Get in touch
For more information about employee benefits at National Star, get in touch with the HR team by calling 01242 527631 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.