Care and Support Worker (Hereford)
National Star Hereford is recruiting people to join its committed team of care and support workers helping people with disabilities.
£11.18 p/hr weekdays £13.98 p/hr weekends
Part Time, All Year Post, Full Time
Hours of work
16 - 37 hrs per week / 52 weeks
All year post
Interviews will take place during the course of the advertisement and vacancy may close early if suitable applicant is appointed
National Star is recruiting extra special people to join its committed team of care and support workers helping young people with complex disabilities to live life as independently as possible.
The long-term residents that we support have a wide range of learning and physical disabilities. Like other young people of the same age many of them love fashion, listening to music, shopping, watching sport and socialising with their friends.
As one of our care and support workers you will be a key member of our team, providing personalised care to enable residents to enjoy their hobbies and interests and realise their aspirations.
We currently prefer applicants with previous care experience and a positive attitude toward the aspirations of young people with disabilities.
Key tasks involve:
- Delivering all aspects of personal care including washing, dressing, personal appearance, toileting, mouth, nail, and foot care and feeding.
- Provide support in our long-term living accommodation and out in the community.
- Plan, organise and support high quality leisure activities. This may involve trips into the community, visits to the cinema, pubs and restaurants or simply helping a resident pursue their favourite hobby or sport.
- Liaise with family members, enabling a resident to speak to parents, friends and family and providing updates on activities and progress.
- Administer medication to residents in line with policy and procedure, after receiving relevant training.
All the residents at our long-term accommodation have big personalities and even biggest ambitions to live life to the full – with your help they can achieve that. We challenge you to find a more rewarding role in care.
The salary for this role is £11.18 per hour weekdays and £13.98 per hour at weekends. Hours available range from 16 – 37 hours per week, working mostly 8 hour shifts Monday to Friday and every other weekend.
Please note that we are currently not able to provide sponsorship or accept applications from overseas for this role.
National Star is a growing charity with more than 1,200 staff based in England and Wales. Established more than 50 years ago, we’ve supported hundreds of young people with disabilities to achieve their potential.
How we will reward you
Our Golden Hello
It’s motivating to feel valued at work. That’s why all new staff will receive a ‘Golden Hello’ up to the value of £250 for full-time staff (pro-rata for part-time employees) upon successful completion of their probation.
Fantastic career development opportunities and comprehensive induction programme - theory and practical
Staff minibus from Cheltenham and Gloucester to our Ullenwood site Monday to Friday.
Use of fitness suite and swimming pool and staff clubs.
Westfield medical cover
Life insurance cover
Contributory pension scheme
Opportunity to purchase a TOTUM discount card
Employee discounts at attractions, high street retailers, supermarkets, utilities and motoring, plus much more