Ask any of our employees what is the best thing about working at National Star and they will say the students and residents.
Work for National Star and help support people with disabilities every day
Without the hard work and dedication of our staff, our charity wouldn’t be able to do what it does for people with disabilities.
That’s why we offer a benefits package that rewards and supports those who work for us.
- A welcome payment of up to £250 (pro rata) for all new employees following the completion of your probation period.
- A health cashback scheme, offering money back off a range of healthcare treatments. These include dental check-ups, eye tests, physiotherapy, chiropractic appointments and more.
- Chance to develop your long-term career with us. Depending upon experience you may be able to study towards a degree apprenticeship in a range of allied healthcare roles
- Specialist training and development for aspiring residential managers and tutors
- Free employee minibus service from Gloucester and Cheltenham to Ullenwood, Monday to Friday
- 25 days’ paid holiday, plus eight statutory public holidays (pro rata)
Term-time only employees work 39 weeks and receive 20 days’ holiday
- A contributory pension scheme (eligibility conditions apply). Qualifying teaching employees will be eligible for the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Free use of National Star facilities at Ullenwood, including a heated indoor swimming pool and fitness suite
- Employee recreation programme, including sports, arts and crafts and other activities
- Death in service scheme (eligibility conditions apply)
- Employee discounts at various retailers
- Opportunities to enter ballots for free tickets to some of the UK’s most exciting artists and events.
- The chance to become a StarGolf member at a reduced rate
- Cycle to Work scheme
We value the health and well-being of our employees, and have put arrangements in place to support you. These include a free 24-hour employee helpline to support colleagues with personal, work, or financial issues.
Get in touch
Discover more about employee benefits at National Star, get in touch with the HR team by calling 01242 527631 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.