Cookies and Privacy
What we collect
We may collect the following:
- Contact information, including email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and / or offers
What we do with the information we gather
This information helps us better understand your needs – and in turn provide you with a better service – and is useful for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improving our products and services
- Sending promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided
- Using your information, from time to time, to contact you for market research purposes. We may do this by email, phone, fax or mail. We may also use the information to update the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to external websites of interest. However, once you use these links and leave our site, please be aware that we do not have any control over the content or processes of external sites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and they are not governed by this privacy statement. We recommend exercising caution and checking the privacy statements applicable to these websites.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed that your personal information can be used for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by writing to us at National Star College, Ullenwood, Cheltenham, GL53 9QU, or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties if you have indicated that you wish this to happen.You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to: Marketing and Communications Dept, National Star College, Ullenwood, Cheltenham, GL53 9QU. If you believe that any information we hold for you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the address above or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that downloads small bits of information from a web page to the device you are using to access it. The next time you visit the website using that device the details of your previous visit are remembered. Cookies help us maintain the performance of the website and allow us to remember your preferences and make improvements based on visitor statistics. We also sometimes place cookies on your device which help us serve relevant adverts to you when you visit other websites.
Most web browsers allow you to manage which cookies you accept via their settings, and you can visit one of the links below to find out more about this. If your browser is not listed, we recommend using the ‘Help’ functionality on your browser to find out about how it handles cookies. You can also visit the website you downloaded the browser from for more information.
Types of Cookies we use
The different types of cookies we use on the website and the function of them is listed below.
|This cookie is set by the UK cookie consent
Google Analytics Cookies
|This cookie saves information about total number of visits to the site, the time of the first visit, previous visit and current visit.
|Analytical cookie. Lifespan of 2 years.
|This cookie is used to record information about what happened during the current visit or session, including the ability to tell when a session ends.
|This session cookie expires at the end of the current session/visit.
|Strictly necessary cookie and performance cookie.
|This performance cookie saves information relating to how a user arrived at a site, the channel though which you came, date/time info and what keywords you used if you arrived via a search engine.
Microsoft Clarity Cookies
We use Microsoft Clarity to collect anonymous data on user interactions with our website to improve the user experience and website performance.