More fundraising ideas
Many of our ideas include getting out and about in the great outdoors or doing something virtual at home. You can also come up with your own brilliant fundraising idea!
Get involved and raise money to help us continue to support young people with complex disabilities. Many of our ideas include getting out and about in the great outdoors or doing something at home. You can also come up with your own brilliant fundraising idea!
If you are considering fundraising for National Star, let us know your plans and we will support you to help bring your idea to life, make sure that everyone is safe and you have a successful event.
Do good, feel good – amazing fundraising ideas
- According to research, 31% of people are reading more since the pandemic. Is it time you encouraged your friends to join a book club with a donation to National Star to attend?
- Clear out your clutter and turn your pre–loved gems into cash for National Star by selling them on ebay, donating the proceeds to our charity. They say one man’s junk is another man’s treasure!
- Sponges at the ready. Organise a community car wash and get customers’ cars sparkling in return for a donation.
- Everyone loves afternoon tea. Organise a gathering in your garden with a delicious array of scones and cake available for a donation.
- Gardeners, can you grow our funds by helping your neighbours have kerb appeal this autumn? Create seasonal planters to order, asking for a donation from grateful friends and family.
- Many of us are valuing material possessions less since the pandemic. Organise a birthday fundraiser instead of gifts and ask friends and family to make a donation to National Star instead.
- Test the knowledge of your friends and family by staging a quiz. Team members can make a donation to take part, with bonus activity rounds for active players.
- Raise a wedge and organise a charity golf day at StarGolf. Swing into action to raise money for us.
- Move over Monty Don! Spring into action and join forces with your neighbours and arrange an open garden event. Ask people for a donation to see your prize blooms.
- Put your creative talents to good use and sing from the rooftops about your support for National Star by organising a music gig or concert in aid of our charity
- Do you know your Gouda from your Double Gloucester or your Shiraz from your Chardonnay? Ask people to donate to take part in a cheese and wine evening and tuck into an indulgent and delicious way to fundraise for us.
- You don’t have to be a middle–aged man in lycra to stage your own cycleathon. Get sponsored for keeping the wheels turning and see the pounds roll in for National Star.
- With home working happening more often nowadays, could you donate your commute to National Star?
- Rise and shine! Step out for National Star by staging your own sponsored activity challenge. Persuade friends and family to do the same as you and walk, peddle or run your way to boosting funds for our charity.
- Get sponsored to learn something new. Learn a minute of makaton each week or master knitting for the first time.
- Jigsaw mania swept the nation during lockdown – how many puzzles can you complete in 12 hours? Persuade others to sponsor you as part of the challenge.
- Move over Nigella! Offer to host a cooking class sharing tips for rustling up your signature dish with family and friends.
- Movie buff? Ask your friends and family to sponsor you taking on an epic movie marathon in aid of our charity. Others keen to take part? Get them to join you for a small donation!
Support at every step
We’ll be with you every step of the way, offering support and guidance to ensure your event is a roaring success. We’ll help you publicise your event to encourage others to support it and will sing from the rooftops about what you’ve achieved, too.
How you can change lives
As a charity, we support people with complex disabilities to achieve their aspirations. We help to change lives. Every penny you raise through your fundraising will make a difference to our life-changing work. Without the generosity of incredible people like you, we could not achieve all that we do.
We can’t wait to hear about your exciting plans to fundraise for us. To find out more about any of our ideas – or anything else you can think of – contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01242 524478 and we’ll help put your fundraising plans into action.